Mike Piazza Territory

Postby pacino » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Ashburn Alley's been renamed
reboot
pacino
Moderator / BSG MVP
Moderator / BSG MVP

Postby karn » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 pm

I mean seriously, this isn't just a dumpy wah wah he's no Harry thing...this guy is AWFUL
karn
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby 21McBride » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 pm

grounds for firing; who wants to start the petition?

Jim Jackson's got nothing to do right now.
"Chase Utley You are the Man"

-Harry Kalas
21McBride
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Eem » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 pm

I mean, I like ripping on TMac because I hate him.

But that is so egregiously, unbelievably, ungodly, blatantly unacceptable he should be flayed by the Phanatic in the booth tonight.

Mike Piazza hit two home runs at CBP. Two.
Bed and bath i love this places
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby karn » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:01 pm

I really thought his interview with Cantu last year was egregious and grounds for firing...this is at least as bad
karn
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby 21McBride » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Dick Allen territory
"Chase Utley You are the Man"

-Harry Kalas
21McBride
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby FTN » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:03 pm

He doesnt actively root/celebrate opposing teams and their players. I read that here.
FTN
list sheriff

Postby Eem » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:05 pm

I mean, could you imagine Merrill Reese calling the end zone at Veterans Stadium Emmitt Smith territory?

Jesus, at least that would be semi-warranted.
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Woody » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Ryan Howard hit one into Ashburn Alley before. And while I'm not sure if T-Mac worked here or for the syphillis-ridden Mets organization at that point, why in the name of #$!&@ would Mike Piazza be the first name that came to mind? That's just so asinine.

That's like Iguodala drilling a game winning shot and Zumoff yelling, "OH BABY, JUST LIKE LARRY BIRD!!!"
you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Woody » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 pm

you sure do seem to have a lot of time on your hands to be on this forum? Do you have a job? Are you a shut-in?
Woody
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby phillychuck » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 pm

I think Scott Palmer's address is spalmer@phillies.com .

Ask for a firing, or at least a public apology.
phillychuck
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Postby Eem » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 pm

phillychuck wrote:I think Scott Palmer's address is spalmer@phillies.com .

Ask for a firing, or at least a public apology.

I gave it a shot.

Dear Scott,

I've been to Citizens Bank Park close to 40 times since it has been opened. I often get the standing room tickets because I love to soak up the atmosphere of the beautiful area of the park known as Ashburn Alley, the section of the yard that gives CBP its unique feel, it's small feel, the welcoming feel that has invited me back so many times. But in watching the Phils-Nats game on TV tonight, I heard something distressing.

When Washington's Elijah Dukes hit a home run to Ashburn Alley (at least that's what I thought it was called), Tom McCarthy commented that Dukes hit his impressive homer to "Mike Piazza Territory." Now, I know Piazza is a local guy, and probably is a nice guy. But I didn't think that warranted renaming the ballpark's most unique feature after him. Mike was certainly a prolific home run hitter, but in nearly 30 career games at CBP, he hit a grand total of two. And he hit both of them as a hated New York Met. Mike, in fact, never hit a home run as a Philadelphia Phillie. Nor did he ever catch a game for them. Nor did he ever don the cap.

So I commend Elijah Dukes for hitting a ball to Mike Piazza Territory at Citizens Bank Park. I'm sure Ryan Howard will be disappointed by the name though -- Ryan'd drilled a dinger into that area on more than one occasion.

But if Mike Piazza Territory actually doesn't exist, as I hope and suspect, someone perhaps needs to tell Mr. McCarthy that he no longer calls games for the hated New York Mets. I don't expect Tom to openly root for the Phils. I expect Tom to be the rose-colored window into the Phillies that we looked through for 30 years from Harry Kalas and Mike Piazz..err... Whitey Ashburn. Tom does not need to live up to Harry's greatness. It's blantantly obvious that he'd be unsuccessful. But can it be more blatantly obvious at this point that he is not suited to be a broadcaster for the Philadelphia Phillies?
Eem
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Bakestar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Woody wrote:Image

Yummy!
Foreskin stupid
Bakestar
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Grotewold » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm

He just referred to the right-center alley as Jurevicious Country

:evil:
Grotewold
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bucky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Well my mouring period is over and the email has been sent to Scott Palmer. I took my car to be repaired and was riding my bike home, so I didn't get to hear this on TV- I was listening on the radio.

If I had been watching TV at the time and I heard that live I - I - I don't know what would have happened. But I'd probably be down a few electronic appliances in my house by now. Or I may have been on my way to CBP right now.
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bucky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 pm

also sent to rbrooks@phillies.com and dmontgomery@phillies.com.

Not sure if they're valid, but we'll see if they bounce back.
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby WilliamC » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 pm

I actually like Scott Palmer so I didn't send the note that I would have liked to laced with profanities. I mean the comment is weird in itself since it was a Nat that hit it. But there is four guys on the Phillies(at least) that he could have used the same expression with.

If he is going to ad lib like that one homeruns he should have his voice taken away.
Do it again!
WilliamC
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Trent Steele » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:57 pm

I couldnt possibly hate him more than I do
I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Doctor Kenneth Noisewater.
Trent Steele
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby Bucky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 pm

dmontgomery@phillies.com
Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
Bucky
BSG MVP
BSG MVP

Postby kopphanatic » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

I was watching when he said that, and didn't think that much of it at the time. The more I think about it, the angrier I get.
You're the conductor Ruben. Time to blow the whistle!
kopphanatic
There's Our Old Friend
There's Our Old Friend

Next

Return to Back She Goes!